I was trying to design a new steampunk or victorian outfit that wouldn’t be very complex, too exaggerated, or too casual. This part was a big headache but I finally found one that I liked. Its a red/burgundy dress with a black corset. The accessories will be lace gloves, a small crochet pouch and a mini top-hat (still have to think about the necklace).
When doing the patterns I decided that it was better to separate the dress in top and skirt, this way I can wear just the top or the skirt.
Than I went in another mission: find good fabrics. This is not very easy here and I thought it would be difficult to find the right fabric for the dress itself. I was wrong. I got a beautiful fabric for the dress but I couldn’t find the right one for the corset, yet.
So, today I started cutting the fabric. I have to go to work so I won’t be sewing anything today but I made the basting stitches on the top. Basting stitches… it’s been some time since I last needed them to make a dress, but I want this to be perfect.
And this is all for now. Tomorrow morning I will be sewing everything.
Oh! And have I told you I couldn’t resist to these beauties: