Tomorrow is hubby’s birthday so we decided to make a different cake. Since he’s an AFOL (Adult Fan of Lego) we decided to make a Lego brick cake.
For this we used my grandmas recipe of the Biscuit Cake – Bolo de Bolacha. I will give you the recipe with the quantities for 1 cake but in this case we had to make about 3 cakes (in quantity). So, you will need:
- 150g of sugar
- 150g of butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 250g of Maria biscuit
- whip the egg white into stiff peaks.
- Set aside.Mix the sugar, butter and egg yolk very well.
- Mix the egg white with the rest and mix.
- Dip the cookies (one at a time) in the coffee, just for a second and place 1 layer on the serving plate.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream prepared previously.
- Make several layers repeating the steps 4 and 5.
- After the last layer of cookies is done, spread the whole cake with the rest of the butter cream.
- Put it in the refrigerator for a while and it’s done.
Notes: You can add a bit of sugar in the coffee and in the end you can decorate the cake with some coconut chips if you like.