On the 1st part of this topic – LadyLamb – Than and Now – I told you about my path until the present. On the 2nd part I want to tell you my plans for the future.
I love LadyLamb too much to give up on it so, right now I’m working on new items to sell. This time I’m trying to keep myself more organised and, I have some ideas to focus on. I’m also planning a series of blog posts so I can update the blog more frequently, although I better not make promises about this. 🙂
So basically I want to continue to do mainly knitted and crochet accessories, but this time with a focus on sustainability.
I don’t know if I will ever be able to work this brand as I wish but right now, I don’t just want to sell my hobby items anymore, I want to create, what is called a sustainable business or green business.
A sustainable business, is an enterprise that has minimal negative impact on the global or local environment, community, society, or economy. In general, a business is described as green if it matches the following four criteria:
- It incorporates principles of sustainability into each of its business decisions.
- It supplies environmentally friendly products or services that replaces demand for nongreen products and/or services.
- It is greener than traditional competition.
- It has made an enduring commitment to environmental principles in its business operations.
To make this a green business, these are some of the measures I plan to take:
- make my own packaging by recycling materials and/or using eco-friendly materials
- Use yarns of organic production whenever possible
- Use second hand yarns (don’t let the “second hand” name fool you, I still focus on quality when choosing these, and many yarns sold on second-hand stores were actually never used before)
- Buy supplies in local shops whenever possible
I will work towards this goal and I hope you enjoy my future items and blog posts.